Drawing when painting usually means value sketches or trying out alternate compositions with thumbnails. Occasionally, I will do a more detailed drawing instead of a painting.
This minimal drawing kit fits into a zip-lock bag and easily goes into a pocket of the backpack.
- Sketchbook 5×7 with acid-free paper and spiral bound hardcover that folds flat to the backside
- Graphite pencils in 2B, 4B, 6B, sometimes in sticks
- Vine charcoal, medium soft
- Fine point gel pen with black permanent ink
- Sharpener, small hand-held or a sharp knife
- Erasers, small plastic and kneaded types
Additional items for drawing, like compressed charcoal sticks, conté crayons, color pencils, and a small watercolor set are kept in the RV Studio.