The standard shades for the windows in the lounge were getting old and dirty. Plus, the strings that held them up were broken, and they no longer would stay open without a prop. I was tired of them anyway; so it was time for a change.
I decided to use blackout curtains in a neutral color. Off the shelf ones were found at a low price. Of course, they needed to be made the proper width and hemmed to the correct length. Lucky for me, a friend loaned me a sewing machine to do the modifications.
While I was at it, I decided to also replace the curtains in the loft, by the entry door, and the privacy curtains that span the windshield and doors in the cab. The same color was used, so all the curtains match.
Removing the old shades, and installing new curtains, required detaching the valences all around the lounge in my Twin-King model. Then, they were reinstalled afterward. That was a pain; but, it provided better access for the work.
All of the front curtains had special clips sewn to the top in order to slide over a track that substituted for a rod. These clips had to be removed from the old curtains and sewn onto the new ones.
I’m glad I did this project. With new curtains, the inside looks almost as new as the new paint outside.
Camp: Caballo Lake SP-Riverside
Scene: Inside the RV
A whole new world for you to enjoy! ;->
Yes indeed. And, that world is all boondocking for now. Thanks for reading.
Do it yourself Modifications is the best way to make things the way you want as well as keeping busy during this Self Isolating period. Be Safe and Enjoy the boondocking.
It’s about time.
I enjoy doing these kinds of projects. And, it never hurts to improve the rig. Thanks for following the journey.